Thursday, June 25, 2009

Serious SLAM

If you haven't heard by now, I'll give you the short of it.

Serious Sam is coming to XBLA this summer with a fresh code of Hi-Def paint and 4 player co-op. Pat yourself on the back for shouting "awesome" loud enough for your co-workers to hear, then go home tonight and bear-hug your 360 (careful that it doesn't overheat.)

If you know me then you are aware that I'm a fan of snarky PR. To me it displays confidence in ones product. The game industry needs more swagger and if that means more disses, burns and beef, then I'm bout it' bout it'.

I was amused by this zesty statement found in the Serious Sam HD press release...

"Serious Sam HD is not your mother’s generic, large-scale, orchestral scored, Space Marine-themed epic FPS with dialogue that pretends it’s an RPG...instead, Serious Sam HD is a grab you by the jibblies run and gun, twitch FPS: BIG guns, TONS of enemies, 4-Player Online Co-Op and stunningly superfluous HD graphics that rival retail boxed games."

Duke Nukem is dead. Long live Serious Sam!

No comments:

Post a Comment