Thursday, April 23, 2009

Happy Boifday Toitles!


We here at Blast Heroes would like to wish Leonardo, Michelangelo, Donatello and Raphael a happy 25th Birthday!

Anyone who grew up in the early 90's surely has fond memories of the various Ninja Turtles video games. Personally speaking, I was absolutely obsessed with the TMNT arcade game. I remember getting chills watching the opening cutscenes, long before the word "cutscene" was even part of a gamers vocab.

Cooperative game play is all the rage these days, but for me, nothing has come close to the experience of beating TMNT arcade inside Aladdin's Castle with 3 with complete strangers. For those 45 minutes, you and these people who you didn't even know were best buddies. I remember older, scarier looking kids giving me tokens when I was out, so that we could beat the game together. Will younger generations of gamers every experience anything like this?

I speak on behalf of a generation when I say that TMNT has touched our lives in ways that Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird could have never possibly imagined. The Turtles life lessons have made us into the into the radical dudes and dudettes that we are today and we salute them.

Go out and grab a pizza tonight in honor of the heroes in a half shell!

No comments:

Post a Comment